7.12.2010

    Author Kay Moore Details Her Real Motive for Holding This     Past Weekend's Book Signing in Cooper, TX


You can read all of Kay Moore's blog post at The Newfangled Country Gar
dener.

Here's a glimpse into the post:

OK, I'll admit it. I had an ulterior motive.

Naturally, I scheduled my book-signing this past weekend in Delta County because I needed to launch my book there--the setting for Way Back in the Country Garden--the place in which the main characters, The Three Little Red-Haired Miller Girls, grew up.

Eight years ago, when I launched my first book, Way Back in the Country, the prequel to the new one, we had a fantastic party on the Cooper square at a gift shop there. It was a fitting way to kick off my new book in the locale in which the book's events happened. Of course we'd want to do it all over again in 2010 with the birth of the new title.

Debbie Grider and the folks at The Prairie Rose Flowers & Gifts, Cooper's dynamite new shop right in front of the Delta County Courthouse, were thrilled to be hosts for the 2010 launch. On Saturday they extended wonderful hospitality and gave us a great place to serve cookies made from recipes out of the new book (and Sparkling Holiday Punch from Way Back in the Country).
But truthfully, my sub-reason for heading to Cooper this pa st weekend went well beyond that of any book promotion...

To find out her real reason for going to Cooper, read her blog at The Newfangled Country Gardener. In the meantime, check out these photos from her book signing, which include both family and friends who came out to support her.



No comments:

Post a Comment